KidsRock is a childcare company that delivers unique and memorable experiences from going on trips to iFly (indoor skydiving), encouraging fitness through boot camp, or teaching children how to cook pizza. It is through our experiences and our ability to interact, engage, listen and discover new things, which brings smiles to our campers and families each day. We are currently available for Day Camp in Baltimore, Maryland at Notre Dame of Maryland University.
Please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Name, Last Name
- Brief information on why you would be a good fit
- 3 references (at least 2 must be professional)
- Attach your resume to this email
- LinkedIn Profile (optional)
KidsRock is looking to hire a Karate instructor to impact our campers lives this summer. Instructors must have experience teaching Karate to a wide range of children and the ability to teach on Tuesday and Thursday durning the day from Mid June to Early August. Background check is required.
- Salary: $75/ day
- General Work Schedule: Tuesday & Thursday 9:00a – 11:45a Break 11:45a – 12:30p 12:30p – 2:45p
- Location: Notre Dame of Maryland University
- Camp Setup/Training: End of May-Early June
- Camp Dates: June 17th – Aug 16th
- Camp Closed July 4th – 5th
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you will:
- Lead and Engage impactful karate lessons
- Develop karate lessons plans/
- Prevent unsafe environments
- Communicate and engage with children
- Administer first aid and supervise children as needed
- Manage and uphold camp standards, policies, and procedures
- Foster a healthy camp group and positive communication with children
- Coach and teach children positive ways to communicate and problem solve
- Anticipate challenges and obstacles.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 1 year of experience teaching martial arts to children.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to lead a team of people.
- Equally comfortable rolling up your sleeves on a small scrappy team
- Work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills; uses clear, concise and professional language when interacting with campers, camp families and colleagues
- Be responsible, reliable and safe
- Always have a positive, can-do attitude
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of thirty-five to fifty pounds
- Work outside, upright and mobile for six (6) to nine (9) hours per day
- Respond to emergency situations which may include running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and ascending stairs without undue exertion
- Possess physical capacity to fulfill all Essential Job Functions – Responsibilities listed above